Wood Bunk Beds
Wood bunk beds are a popular choice for the modern bedroom. Whether you are looking for something classic or contemporary, a wooden bunk bed makes a wonderful choice. Go for modern style with a sleek white wood bunk bed with curvy space-age style. A classic wood finish like espresso, walnut or maple is another way to express your sense of style. Natural wood is always in vogue and today's range of designer stains and finishes makes it easy to find the right wood
for you. bunk bed Read More
Fabulous and Functional Bunk Bed Design
If you are looking for a bunk bed that does more, a
wood bunk bed is a great choice. Choose from a variety of designs that go above and beyond with extra storage and function. A built in desk is one way to help ensure that study time goes smoothly. Built-in shelves for books keep study supplies—or toys--close at hand. If you have the space to spare, an L-shaped bunk bed is perfect. If you just want to clear up some space for play or study, a wood loft bunk bed might be more ideal. Loft bunk beds allow for extra flexibility that normal beds just can't provide. Choose a wood futon bunk bed design for the best of both worlds.
For added safety, choose a
wood bunk bed that has been designed with a built-in staircase. Not only are the stairs a safe choice, but cleverly designed storage drawers help to take the pressure off of your over-packed closets and dresser. To truly make the most of a small space, choose a captain's bunk bed or a bunk with optional under-the-bed storage drawers. Using all the extra space under the adds a ton of room for extra toys, out-of-season clothes or spare linens. No matter what your needs are, there is bound to be a great wood bunk bed waiting for you at Cymax. Budget Priced Bunk Beds
Cymax is a leading online retailer of home and office furniture. We combine low prices with free shipping on most items and no sales tax—every day! We offer a full range of all styles of designer furniture including pieces from major name brands such as
and South Shore. In addition to low prices, Cymax also offers free shipping on most items and no sales tax (some exceptions apply). Take a look through our extensive online selection and find the best deals for your space today. Canwood
25 items found for
Walker Edison Twin/Double Solid Wood Bunk Bed in White
I looked for a long time at bunk beds, and I finally found one that is a great quality and a great price. I almost bought an in
ferior product, but I clicked on one more link even though I was not familiar with this store. I was not disappointed! I received a quality product that was made from good lumber. I had looked at several others and the boards were weak or too thin. I did not feel safe for my children on other products. This one is awesome!! I will buy from here again when I update another room.
Hide full review
Read more - Shopper in
Hillsdale Universal Youth Bunk Bed
My daughter is thrilled with this bunk bed. She loves its modern styling. As an only child she shares the bottom bunk with her
stuffed animals and other things necessary to home comfort. As parents we're thrilled with the quality of construction and sturdiness at a budget price. [...] We found it easier/ saner to open the box there and carry the bed piece by piece into the house and up the stairs to her room. I was pleasantly surprised at how little hardware came with the bed and how quickly and easily it went together. It was literally together and rock solid in 20 minutes. This is a GREAT bed. The coloring of the metal is neutral (I'd call it "aircraft grey"), so it would be great for girls or boys who would appreciate a mod-looking bunk bed.
Hide full review
Read more - Shopper in
Walker Edison Twin/Double Solid Wood Bunk Bed in Brown
I researched, looked at, pondered, agonized about a decent twin over full bunk bed that could handle my daughter and myself in a
small space. I found this particular bed and immediately liked the open "ranch" style vs the multiple bars/slats of the "mission" style. I looked at, pondered and agonized some more due to horrible reviews (mostly all regarding horrendous customer service from the manufacturer)and after reading other reviews for other beds (again almost all regarding horrendous customer service from the manufacturer)I decided to bite the bullet and purchase this one. Here are my thoughts/experiences:
1. I had no problem with the shipping and there were no issues with any of the pieces such as improper drilling, wrong size, etc.
2. The quality of the material is outstanding! This bed is made from real wood and it is very solid but surpisingly not heavy. All the screws and hardware are metal so the bed is sturdy. I chose the brown/walnut finish (much to my daughter's disappointment), and it is beautiful. It is a nice medium brown that does not hide the grain and a classic match to most walnut finishes I have seen. I put it on furniture casters for ease of movement anyway so that I can pull it away from the wall when necessary to make it easier to change the bedding.
3. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. My dad (who is not particularly mechanically-inclined) started doing the simple stuff to prep the bed before actually setting it up--assembling the head/footbaords, ladder, etc. (of course my daughter had to "supervise"). He probably spent a grand total of 5-6 hours to do it all over about three days. You will need at least two people to install the top bunk on the frame, but it is lightweight and easy to do. I would recommend you do not fully assemble the ladder--a deviation from the instructions. We learned it is much easier to install the lower piece, put your mattress in and then afix the rest of the ladder to the frame. It beats trying to move a heavy full-size mattress around a fixed ladder! The pieces of the bed are clearly marked so you can easily match which board goes where when advised to. The kit comes with an allen-wrench tool but dad recommends you use a drill with the appropriate bit if possible. So much faster!
4. Other reviews noted the full-size slats were not wide enough on the frame. They must have fixed this problem because mine fit perfectly fine on both the twin and full-size beds. I like the fact that the slats are actually screwed down to the frame so there's no chance of slipping. To be cautious, I did put plywood boards over both sets of slats to spread the weight and pressure over a wider surface. The manufacturer specs say this bed will support up to at least 250 lbs on both the top and bottom so the board helps make sure my mattress and weight will not break my bed (lol!).
5. The ladder IS interchangeable. Another "major" site that specializes in selling bunk beds advised me the ladder will only go on one side but the instructions include how to put it on either side. I was thrilled because I needed the ladder to go on the opposite end of where it is always pictured. It also has an L-bracket you cannot see in the photos that futher attaches it to the bed frame so I have no doubts whatsoever of the security of the ladder and my monkey-child going up and down it.
Once completely set up, this is a very solid and sturdy bed. The lines are simple and pleasing. There is room between the bunks for an adult to manuever comfortably--not sit up completely--but when laying on my back I can extend my arm almost fully before touching the top bunk. That's probably my fault because I do have a pillow-top mattress and it has a taller profile. I did get a small clip-on lamp to provide extra light since it is too dark under there to read.
Thank you for taking the time to read my long and rambling review. In one simple sentence, I really like my bed.
Hide full review
Read more - Shopper in