Powell Furniture has created an impressive collection of home furniture and décor that is perfect for the eclectic look of today's homes. Powell searches the globe for unique pieces that will become just the right accent in your living room, dining room or bedroom. Try a nesting side table set with exotic wood details or go for a handsome bench that can pull double duty in a hallway. Powell has something in store for everyone.
Powell Furniture Bunk Beds
Whether you are looking for a
for your little princess or pirate, Powell Furniture has something that is just right. Their incredible selection and great prices keep customers happy year after year. bunk bed
A metal twin over full bunk bed is perfect for siblings that are different ages. Go for a sturdy metal bunk bed from Powell Furniture in a green finish. The simple design is accented by a grid textured chrome panel to give the space a locker room vibe. Perfect for teen boys! An option for your high school or college student is the
Powell bunk bed with loft. A built-in desk allows your student to study and sleep in same space. The powder coat black metal finish will withstand years of use.
Give your young daughter a thrill with a with a Powell bunk bed that is fit for a princess. A mix of purple and pink with a canopy, tent and slide turn the normal bedroom into an activity zone. For a more classic look, try a white bunk bed. Gently arched head and foot boards are charming details while a
Powell bunk bed with beadboard accents offers seaside inspired charm. Bunk Beds at Discounted Prices
Cymax has scoured the globe to bring you fabulous deals. Our incredible selection of designer furniture brands includes top rated names such as
. In addition to low prices we offer free shipping on most items and no sales tax (some exceptions apply). Browse through the entire Cymax website and find a great deal to put in your bag. Powell Furniture
3 items found for
Walker Edison Twin/Double Solid Wood Bunk Bed in Brown
I researched, looked at, pondered, agonized about a decent twin over full bunk bed that could handle my daughter and myself in a
small space. I found this particular bed and immediately liked the open "ranch" style vs the multiple bars/slats of the "mission" style. I looked at, pondered and agonized some more due to horrible reviews (mostly all regarding horrendous customer service from the manufacturer)and after reading other reviews for other beds (again almost all regarding horrendous customer service from the manufacturer)I decided to bite the bullet and purchase this one. Here are my thoughts/experiences:
1. I had no problem with the shipping and there were no issues with any of the pieces such as improper drilling, wrong size, etc.
2. The quality of the material is outstanding! This bed is made from real wood and it is very solid but surpisingly not heavy. All the screws and hardware are metal so the bed is sturdy. I chose the brown/walnut finish (much to my daughter's disappointment), and it is beautiful. It is a nice medium brown that does not hide the grain and a classic match to most walnut finishes I have seen. I put it on furniture casters for ease of movement anyway so that I can pull it away from the wall when necessary to make it easier to change the bedding.
3. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. My dad (who is not particularly mechanically-inclined) started doing the simple stuff to prep the bed before actually setting it up--assembling the head/footbaords, ladder, etc. (of course my daughter had to "supervise"). He probably spent a grand total of 5-6 hours to do it all over about three days. You will need at least two people to install the top bunk on the frame, but it is lightweight and easy to do. I would recommend you do not fully assemble the ladder--a deviation from the instructions. We learned it is much easier to install the lower piece, put your mattress in and then afix the rest of the ladder to the frame. It beats trying to move a heavy full-size mattress around a fixed ladder! The pieces of the bed are clearly marked so you can easily match which board goes where when advised to. The kit comes with an allen-wrench tool but dad recommends you use a drill with the appropriate bit if possible. So much faster!
4. Other reviews noted the full-size slats were not wide enough on the frame. They must have fixed this problem because mine fit perfectly fine on both the twin and full-size beds. I like the fact that the slats are actually screwed down to the frame so there's no chance of slipping. To be cautious, I did put plywood boards over both sets of slats to spread the weight and pressure over a wider surface. The manufacturer specs say this bed will support up to at least 250 lbs on both the top and bottom so the board helps make sure my mattress and weight will not break my bed (lol!).
5. The ladder IS interchangeable. Another "major" site that specializes in selling bunk beds advised me the ladder will only go on one side but the instructions include how to put it on either side. I was thrilled because I needed the ladder to go on the opposite end of where it is always pictured. It also has an L-bracket you cannot see in the photos that futher attaches it to the bed frame so I have no doubts whatsoever of the security of the ladder and my monkey-child going up and down it.
Once completely set up, this is a very solid and sturdy bed. The lines are simple and pleasing. There is room between the bunks for an adult to manuever comfortably--not sit up completely--but when laying on my back I can extend my arm almost fully before touching the top bunk. That's probably my fault because I do have a pillow-top mattress and it has a taller profile. I did get a small clip-on lamp to provide extra light since it is too dark under there to read.
Thank you for taking the time to read my long and rambling review. In one simple sentence, I really like my bed.
Hide full review
Read more - Shopper in
Ameriwood Twin over Full Bunk Bed in Silver
When I began searching the Internet for a bunk bed for my twins,I had zero knowledge of the market.I was
stunned to learn that s
ome models were priced over
$2000! I was lookng for two properties in a bunk bed:
comfort and safety.I have assembled lots of devices &
furniture,so I didn't worry about assembly trouble.I
happened upon the Cymax website which was easy to use & found a wide range of bunk bed models.I chose an
inexpensive one with an apparently safe design.I
expected to spend a long time(5-6hours)to assemble
it. In fact,the job was done in 2 1/2 hours,and the
instructions were practical. We have been very
satisfied with this bunk bed(Ameriwood twin over full size mattress),and the twins love it.
Hide full review
Read more - Shopper in