Oak Bunk Beds
Oak is a design classic that works as perfectly for kid's bedrooms as it does for the family room. It's easy to see why. Oak has a distinctive straight line and takes stain well. It's warm honey color and intrinsic strength make it ideal for furniture and millwork. Oak is one of the most popular choices for home furniture year after year.
An oak bunk bed has the looks and style to last well beyond your child's teen years. The enduring look of country style can be yours with a new
oak bunk bed. Choose a simple squared off design for a time-honored style. Shaker style panels add a casual flair that is perfect for little boys or little girls. An oak bunk bed is also a fantastic choice for the guest bedroom. Choose a space saving twin over twin bunk bed style with an optional trundle bed to sleep three or more all in one room.
Oak isn't limited to country designs. Try a modern update with an oak bunk bed in a sleek new design. Flat panel drawers, head and foot boards are functional and contemporary. An L-shaped twin over twin
oak bunk bed design is designed to truly maximize your space. For added safety, a bunk bed with a built-in staircase is an excellent choice. Stairs with integrated storage drawers help to take the pressure off of your overloaded dresser drawers. Use them to stash away extra toys, clothes or linens. Many oak L-shaped bunk beds have display shelves or a built-in desk which makes these a great all-in-one solution for your youth or teen. bunk beds Cheap Oak Bedroom Furniture
Looking for great deals on home and office furniture? Cymax has you covered. We offer discount prices on the best furniture name brands including
and Berg Furniture. Cymax also offers free shipping on most items in addition to no sales tax (some restrictions apply) to make sure that you save money on every purchase. Take a look around our extensive online catalog and find the perfect piece at the perfect price today. Coaster
1 items found for
Walker Edison Twin/Double Solid Wood Bunk Bed in Brown
I researched, looked at, pondered, agonized about a decent twin over full bunk bed that could handle my daughter and myself in a
small space. I found this particular bed and immediately liked the open "ranch" style vs the multiple bars/slats of the "mission" style. I looked at, pondered and agonized some more due to horrible reviews (mostly all regarding horrendous customer service from the manufacturer)and after reading other reviews for other beds (again almost all regarding horrendous customer service from the manufacturer)I decided to bite the bullet and purchase this one. Here are my thoughts/experiences:
1. I had no problem with the shipping and there were no issues with any of the pieces such as improper drilling, wrong size, etc.
2. The quality of the material is outstanding! This bed is made from real wood and it is very solid but surpisingly not heavy. All the screws and hardware are metal so the bed is sturdy. I chose the brown/walnut finish (much to my daughter's disappointment), and it is beautiful. It is a nice medium brown that does not hide the grain and a classic match to most walnut finishes I have seen. I put it on furniture casters for ease of movement anyway so that I can pull it away from the wall when necessary to make it easier to change the bedding.
3. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. My dad (who is not particularly mechanically-inclined) started doing the simple stuff to prep the bed before actually setting it up--assembling the head/footbaords, ladder, etc. (of course my daughter had to "supervise"). He probably spent a grand total of 5-6 hours to do it all over about three days. You will need at least two people to install the top bunk on the frame, but it is lightweight and easy to do. I would recommend you do not fully assemble the ladder--a deviation from the instructions. We learned it is much easier to install the lower piece, put your mattress in and then afix the rest of the ladder to the frame. It beats trying to move a heavy full-size mattress around a fixed ladder! The pieces of the bed are clearly marked so you can easily match which board goes where when advised to. The kit comes with an allen-wrench tool but dad recommends you use a drill with the appropriate bit if possible. So much faster!
4. Other reviews noted the full-size slats were not wide enough on the frame. They must have fixed this problem because mine fit perfectly fine on both the twin and full-size beds. I like the fact that the slats are actually screwed down to the frame so there's no chance of slipping. To be cautious, I did put plywood boards over both sets of slats to spread the weight and pressure over a wider surface. The manufacturer specs say this bed will support up to at least 250 lbs on both the top and bottom so the board helps make sure my mattress and weight will not break my bed (lol!).
5. The ladder IS interchangeable. Another "major" site that specializes in selling bunk beds advised me the ladder will only go on one side but the instructions include how to put it on either side. I was thrilled because I needed the ladder to go on the opposite end of where it is always pictured. It also has an L-bracket you cannot see in the photos that futher attaches it to the bed frame so I have no doubts whatsoever of the security of the ladder and my monkey-child going up and down it.
Once completely set up, this is a very solid and sturdy bed. The lines are simple and pleasing. There is room between the bunks for an adult to manuever comfortably--not sit up completely--but when laying on my back I can extend my arm almost fully before touching the top bunk. That's probably my fault because I do have a pillow-top mattress and it has a taller profile. I did get a small clip-on lamp to provide extra light since it is too dark under there to read.
Thank you for taking the time to read my long and rambling review. In one simple sentence, I really like my bed.
Hide full review
Read more - Shopper in
South Shore Logik Twin Loft Bed in Chocolate Finish
I bought this bed for my 3 year old Son. He loves it, and so do I. His Dad put this bed together himself (I read directions and
occasionally rubbed his ego). Directions were pretty good except that a few times boards were put on backwards and had to be turned around, so directions are not always so clear on the way the pieces should go/face, but eventually you figure it out by process of elimination. Great looking bed with lots of shelving and storage space for toys or whatever you choose. Very sturdy/strong. And my Son easily gets up and down the ladder. Higher side frame keeps me from worrying about him falling out too. Very pleased with purchase and would recommend.
Hide full review
Read more - Shopper in