4 items found for
Atlantic Furniture Columbia Staircase Bunk Bed Full Over Full in White
- Shopper in
Spanish Fort, alabama
We were thrilled to find a double bed bunk, full on the bottom and full on the top. The bottom bunk is for sleeping and the top
makes a great loft- wider for safety. The drawer "staircase" is so much safer than a ladder and the unit itself was surprisingly sturdy. It does take at least two people to assemble it properly. The entire unit was packed with great care and no damage from shipping occurred. There were a few seams where paint was applied unevenly but all in all, it made our granddaughter extremely happy to have this unique piece of furniture to call her own. We would recommend it to anyone wanting a good piece of furniture for the price.
Hide full review
Walker Edison Twin/Double Solid Wood Bunk Bed in Brown
- Shopper in
I researched, looked at, pondered, agonized about a decent twin over full bunk bed that could handle my daughter and myself in a
small space. I found this particular bed and immediately liked the open "ranch" style vs the multiple bars/slats of the "mission" style. I looked at, pondered and agonized some more due to horrible reviews (mostly all regarding horrendous customer service from the manufacturer)and after reading other reviews for other beds (again almost all regarding horrendous customer service from the manufacturer)I decided to bite the bullet and purchase this one. Here are my thoughts/experiences:
1. I had no problem with the shipping and there were no issues with any of the pieces such as improper drilling, wrong size, etc.
2. The quality of the material is outstanding! This bed is made from real wood and it is very solid but surpisingly not heavy. All the screws and hardware are metal so the bed is sturdy. I chose the brown/walnut finish (much to my daughter's disappointment), and it is beautiful. It is a nice medium brown that does not hide the grain and a classic match to most walnut finishes I have seen. I put it on furniture casters for ease of movement anyway so that I can pull it away from the wall when necessary to make it easier to change the bedding.
3. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. My dad (who is not particularly mechanically-inclined) started doing the simple stuff to prep the bed before actually setting it up--assembling the head/footbaords, ladder, etc. (of course my daughter had to "supervise"). He probably spent a grand total of 5-6 hours to do it all over about three days. You will need at least two people to install the top bunk on the frame, but it is lightweight and easy to do. I would recommend you do not fully assemble the ladder--a deviation from the instructions. We learned it is much easier to install the lower piece, put your mattress in and then afix the rest of the ladder to the frame. It beats trying to move a heavy full-size mattress around a fixed ladder! The pieces of the bed are clearly marked so you can easily match which board goes where when advised to. The kit comes with an allen-wrench tool but dad recommends you use a drill with the appropriate bit if possible. So much faster!
4. Other reviews noted the full-size slats were not wide enough on the frame. They must have fixed this problem because mine fit perfectly fine on both the twin and full-size beds. I like the fact that the slats are actually screwed down to the frame so there's no chance of slipping. To be cautious, I did put plywood boards over both sets of slats to spread the weight and pressure over a wider surface. The manufacturer specs say this bed will support up to at least 250 lbs on both the top and bottom so the board helps make sure my mattress and weight will not break my bed (lol!).
5. The ladder IS interchangeable. Another "major" site that specializes in selling bunk beds advised me the ladder will only go on one side but the instructions include how to put it on either side. I was thrilled because I needed the ladder to go on the opposite end of where it is always pictured. It also has an L-bracket you cannot see in the photos that futher attaches it to the bed frame so I have no doubts whatsoever of the security of the ladder and my monkey-child going up and down it.
Once completely set up, this is a very solid and sturdy bed. The lines are simple and pleasing. There is room between the bunks for an adult to manuever comfortably--not sit up completely--but when laying on my back I can extend my arm almost fully before touching the top bunk. That's probably my fault because I do have a pillow-top mattress and it has a taller profile. I did get a small clip-on lamp to provide extra light since it is too dark under there to read.
Thank you for taking the time to read my long and rambling review. In one simple sentence, I really like my bed.
Hide full review
Hillsdale Rockdale Twin over Full Bunk Bed Set in Espresso
- Shopper in
We moved into a small home near the ocean and have need for extra places for guests to sleep. We replaced our son's full size b
ed with this twin over full bunk bed. His bedroom isn't large and this bunk bed look and fits great in his room. I especially love the fact that the ladder does not extend onto the floor but is attached to the bottom base of the bed. The color is espresso and it goes perfectly with the other espresso pieces already in his room. It seems to be sturdy. Good quality and it doesn't take up any more floor space than his full size mattress/headboard he had previously. My only negative is that the instructions are not very detailed and when it says to use piece "a" unfortunately the pieces themselves are not marked which made it tricky to know for sure if I was using the right piece. The instructions say to install the ladder before you install the slats that rest under the mattress. I thought it would be easier to install the ladder last, after I put the full mattress on the bed. Not necessarily true. Although it is easier to get the mattress in without the ladder there, I had to hoist up the mattress on the end where the ladder is, unscrew one of the slats, install the ladder, screw the slat back in. I hope that makes since. Anyway I think that is the only poor design because it is easier to put the full mattress on the bed first before the ladder.
Hide full review