Home -> Cribs -> Cribs Buying Guide
Cribs Buying Guide
Changing Pad Tips
A changing table pad makes the surface of the changing table a more comfortable place for your baby. Most changing tables come with the changing pad already included. Even when a changing pad is included, you may want to purchase another one so that you don't always have to walk to the nursery in order to change a diaper. Should you need to purchase a separate changing table pad, for whatever reason, the following changing pad tips should make changing your baby easy and convenient.
- Changing pads or changing table mats, as they are sometimes called, are available in a number of different thicknesses. They can range from a flat foam pad to a thick, contoured pad with restraining straps.
- The changing pad typically has a removable cover. Since accidents are bound to occur, purchasing a couple of additional changing pad covers is handy way of keeping the area neat and fresh with the minimum amount of effort.
- Since changing pad covers are available in a number of washable fabrics, colors and designs, having several on hand is an inexpensive way of adding a splash of color to your nursery décor.
- Several types of changing pads can be used on their own, especially a four-sided changing pad or a sturdy two-sided changing pad. Purchasing a separate changing pad will allow you to set it down on any flat surface such as a counter or table, saving you from having to run back and forth to the nursery.
- When you're out and about, a flat changing table pad makes a great portable mat that can be easily kept in your baby bag. It can also be a useful thing to have along when visiting friends; it makes it more convenient when you have to change your baby.
- Some parents prefer a vinyl pad that can be conveniently wiped clean in seconds for easy care.