Antique Look Bunk Beds
Everyone loves the look of an antique but sometimes the real thing is just not practical. Whether is cost or quality that is missing, you can easily replicate the look with an antique bunk bed. Today's antique bunk beds have been designed for modern life. They feature all the modern conveniences like storage. Real antique beds are often not up to current safety standards so a modern design is often a much safer choice. Read More
There are many ways to give a modern bunk bed an antique look. One was is by choosing a distressed finish. It's common to find antique bunk beds with a rubbed through white or black finish. Antique white is a popular choice for bunk beds, especially for a little girl's bedroom. A bunk bed design with arches and beadboard details is both feminine and fresh. Antique white works with pastels and brights--those ever popular colors that little girls always adore. Little boys will appreciate a slightly darker look in espresso or black. Or pick a style that is fit for the long haul. The classic antique look of wood is always popular. Choose a timeless bunk bed design in a wood like walnut or cherry. Shaker style square posts and raised panel head and foot boards are enduring design motifs.
Antique look bunk beds can also feature design extras that didn't exist in the past. Look for those special add-ons that help to make life easier. Under-the-bed storage drawers, stairs with drawers and built-in desks are a few of the features that distinguish these modern antique bunk bed designs from the past.
Get the Antique Look for Less
Cymax is a leader in the online furniture market. We carry home and office furniture from all the top rated name brands, including Standard Furniture and Atlantic Furniture, at discount or sale prices every day. Cymax also offers free shipping on most items as well as no sales tax (some exceptions apply) to save you even more money. Take the stress out of furniture shopping. Sit back with a cup of coffee and take a browse through our huge selection. The money you save is sure to make you smile.
3 items found for
Walker Edison Twin/Double Solid Wood Bunk Bed in Brown
- Shopper in
I researched, looked at, pondered, agonized about a decent twin over full bunk bed that could handle my daughter and myself in a
small space. I found this particular bed and immediately liked the open "ranch" style vs the multiple bars/slats of the "mission" style. I looked at, pondered and agonized some more due to horrible reviews (mostly all regarding horrendous customer service from the manufacturer)and after reading other reviews for other beds (again almost all regarding horrendous customer service from the manufacturer)I decided to bite the bullet and purchase this one. Here are my thoughts/experiences:
1. I had no problem with the shipping and there were no issues with any of the pieces such as improper drilling, wrong size, etc.
2. The quality of the material is outstanding! This bed is made from real wood and it is very solid but surpisingly not heavy. All the screws and hardware are metal so the bed is sturdy. I chose the brown/walnut finish (much to my daughter's disappointment), and it is beautiful. It is a nice medium brown that does not hide the grain and a classic match to most walnut finishes I have seen. I put it on furniture casters for ease of movement anyway so that I can pull it away from the wall when necessary to make it easier to change the bedding.
3. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. My dad (who is not particularly mechanically-inclined) started doing the simple stuff to prep the bed before actually setting it up--assembling the head/footbaords, ladder, etc. (of course my daughter had to "supervise"). He probably spent a grand total of 5-6 hours to do it all over about three days. You will need at least two people to install the top bunk on the frame, but it is lightweight and easy to do. I would recommend you do not fully assemble the ladder--a deviation from the instructions. We learned it is much easier to install the lower piece, put your mattress in and then afix the rest of the ladder to the frame. It beats trying to move a heavy full-size mattress around a fixed ladder! The pieces of the bed are clearly marked so you can easily match which board goes where when advised to. The kit comes with an allen-wrench tool but dad recommends you use a drill with the appropriate bit if possible. So much faster!
4. Other reviews noted the full-size slats were not wide enough on the frame. They must have fixed this problem because mine fit perfectly fine on both the twin and full-size beds. I like the fact that the slats are actually screwed down to the frame so there's no chance of slipping. To be cautious, I did put plywood boards over both sets of slats to spread the weight and pressure over a wider surface. The manufacturer specs say this bed will support up to at least 250 lbs on both the top and bottom so the board helps make sure my mattress and weight will not break my bed (lol!).
5. The ladder IS interchangeable. Another "major" site that specializes in selling bunk beds advised me the ladder will only go on one side but the instructions include how to put it on either side. I was thrilled because I needed the ladder to go on the opposite end of where it is always pictured. It also has an L-bracket you cannot see in the photos that futher attaches it to the bed frame so I have no doubts whatsoever of the security of the ladder and my monkey-child going up and down it.
Once completely set up, this is a very solid and sturdy bed. The lines are simple and pleasing. There is room between the bunks for an adult to manuever comfortably--not sit up completely--but when laying on my back I can extend my arm almost fully before touching the top bunk. That's probably my fault because I do have a pillow-top mattress and it has a taller profile. I did get a small clip-on lamp to provide extra light since it is too dark under there to read.
Thank you for taking the time to read my long and rambling review. In one simple sentence, I really like my bed.
Hide full review
South Shore Furniture Logik Sunny Pine Loft Bunk Bed Set
- Shopper in
We ordered this online after looking at many many bunks for a few months. The assembly took awhile, but it was good to know tha
t doing it correctly made it sturdy and strong. I love the extra storage shelves and drawers, but wish there were more drawers to the desk space. The fact that the lower bed rolls out is great because things do fall behind and between these cozy areas when you've got small children who like to "hide their treasures."
Hide full review